Not posted for a while, which does mean I have the advantage of a whole heap of things to post that have accumulated in my inbox. Remember all those TV shows you enjoyed at the time and then forgot all about? Well it looks like someone has taken the time to actually compile a fairly comprehensive summary of them all. Check out Retrojunk for your reminder of Street Hawk, Manimal and Airwolf and just how dated they are now – they’ve even managed to find Tales of the Golden Monkey. Ace!
Subject: These are pretty funny
HOW MEN AND WOMEN DIFFER
* If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
* If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla and Four-eyes.
* When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in R50, even though it’s only for R115.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
* When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.
* A man will pay R2 for a R1 item he needs.
* A woman will pay R1 for a R2 item that she doesn’t need but it’s on sale
* A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel from Dischem.
* The average number of items in the typical woman’s bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.
* A woman has the last word in any argument.
* Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
* Women love cats.
* Men say they love cats, but when women aren’t looking, men kick cats.
* A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
* A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
* A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
* A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
* A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn’t.
* A man marries a woman expecting that she won’t change, but she does.
* A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the bins, answer the phone, read a book, and get the post.
* A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.
* Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
* Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
* Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secret-fears and hopes and dreams.
* A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
* Any married man should forget his mistakes. There’s no use in two people remembering the same thing.
* What a woman says: C’mon…This place is a mess. You and I need to clean. Your trousers are on the floor and you’ll have no clothes if we don’t do the laundry now.
* What a man hears: C’MON … blah, blah, blah YOU AND I blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ON THE FLOOR blah, blah, blah, NO CLOTHES blah, blah, blah, blah, NOW
Can you relate to any of that?
Why don’t you get a postbox like this?
Oh and that little race in South Africa? Well things are getting a little hot in the Port Elizabeth area. Tyrrell says this news report is talking about the shopping Mall he used to go to all the time.